Body of resurrection - meaning and definition. What is Body of resurrection
Diclib.com
Online Dictionary

What (who) is Body of resurrection - definition


Body of resurrection         
Body of resurrection is a typical term of Esoteric Christianity, used to indicate a spiritual body associated with a special enlightenment or experience. Many western and Eastern traditions share a common doctrine on a spiritual and immortal body which represent the ultimate goal of many ascetical works.
Universal resurrection         
  • Ezekiel's Vision of the Valley of Dry Bones]]'', engraving by [[Gustave Doré]] (1866)
  • Detail from a North Mississippi Christian cemetery headstone with the inscription: "May the resurrection find thee On the bosom of thy God."
  • [[Vision of the Valley of Dry Bones]], fresco from the [[Dura-Europos synagogue]]
  • ''Resurrection of the Flesh'' (c. 1500) by [[Luca Signorelli]] – based on 1 Corinthians 15: 52: "the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." Chapel of San Brizio, Duomo, Orvieto.
ALL THE DEAD WHO HAVE EVER LIVED WILL BE RESURRECTED
Resurrection of the dead; General Resurrection; Resurrection of the Dead; Techiyat hamaysim; Resurrection, General; Resurrection of the flesh; General resurrection
General resurrection or universal resurrection is the belief in a resurrection of the dead, or resurrection from the dead (Koine: , anastasis [ton] nekron; literally: "standing up again of the dead") by which most or all people who have died would be resurrected (brought back to life). Various forms of this concept can be found in Christian, Islamic, Jewish, Samaritanism and Zoroastrian eschatology.
The Resurrection (Piero della Francesca)         
  • Note the impossible pose of the guard holding a spear. To achieve a more harmonious composition, Piero left the soldier without legs.
  • Tony Clarke
FRESCO BY PIERO DELLA FRANCESCA
The Resurrection (Piero Della Francesca); Resurrection (Piero della Francesca)
The Resurrection is a fresco painting by the Italian Renaissance master Piero della Francesca, painted in the 1460s in the Palazzo della Residenza in the town of Sansepolcro, Tuscany, Italy.