Examples of use of shouting match
1. Shouting match Any chance of Blair overseeing a smooth handover to his finance minister and expected successor Gordon Brown was evaporating, with reports that the two were locked in a furious shouting match in fiery meetings on Wednesday.
2. The present shouting match is megaphone appeasement, as would be a bomb attack on Iran‘s factories.
3. Even when you tiptoe around the periphery it ... (can) degenerate into a shouting match," he said.
4. I was still resentful about the nonpayment, so our conversation unfortunately devolved into a shouting match.
5. A shouting match ensued, with more lawmakers joining in to throw abuse at one another.